Are you looking for Vinyl Sliding Glass Door in Arizona? Energy Shield Window & Door Company can handle your vinyl sliding glass door. installation to your absolute satisfaction. We've been providing energy-efficient vinyl door products to Arizona homes for more than two decades. We engineer what we sell specifically for Arizona's climate, focusing design elements on dust exclusion, heat reflection, and resistance to damage from sun exposure. And we spare you the markups because we ourselves install and service all of our products and stand behind our warranties.
Don't forget to check out our discounts going on now, PLUS we make it easy to get new sliding windows with $0 down, 0% financing available on approved credit for our replacement windows.
Click to jump to section:
- Best Vinyl Sliding Glass Doors for Homes in Arizona
- Energy-Efficient and Low-Maintenance
- The Vinyl Multi-Slide Door
- Frequently Asked Questions About Vinyl Sliding Glass Doors in Arizona
- Sliding Vinyl Glass Door Replacement & Installation Process
- Contact for Top Replacement Vinyl Sliding Glass Doors in Arizona
Contact Energy Shield Window & Door Company for a free estimate on a vinyl sliding glass door in Arizona!
Best Vinyl Sliding Glass Doors for Homes in Arizona
Advanced glass door styles, such as telescoping or folding designs, are typically built better and cost more than standard mid-priced sliding glass doors. Homeowners who replace sliding glass doors with custom styling or sizes or with 3-panel models, automatic door openers, etc., can improve the quality at less than the cost of folding or telescoping models. Vinyl framing produces the greatest energy efficiency — a quality essential, so that choice is the ideal start toward finding the best-sliding glass door for your home.
Additionally, today’s exciting, unique design options can be applied to increase overall quality further. For example, custom trim colors, beautiful custom grilles, custom detailing, decorative etched or frosted glass, custom hardware, and other enhancements add to the overall quality.
Slider Quality Basics
However, the best sliding glass door for your home may not fit any of the above descriptions. The best tend to be those that fit your aesthetic vision for your living space, modern functionality, strength, and long-term durability at a price that makes sense for the budget you’ve set. The primary construction elements that contribute to the quality of a sliding glass door include:
Door Frame Materials: Today’s advanced sliding glass doors feature high-quality door frame materials and internal construction. The best frames are typically wood or vinyl.
Door Style: Energy Shield offers custom sliding glass door design styles, sizes, glass packages, and framing enhancement options. Each of these elements factors into the door’s overall quality and cost.
Glass Options: Impact-resistance, UV protection, tempered glass, and Low-E glass, thicker or double glass panels, and other energy efficiency and durability features add to quality and cost.
Vinyl Sliding Glass Door Features
Sliding glass doors are the most cost-effective solution to fill your patio door needs while letting in plenty of natural light. Most floor plans of Arizona homes do not allow sufficient room inside the house for the swing room needed for hinged doors. Our sliding glass doors are made of the highest quality materials. We offer 2-panel, 3-panels, and 4-panel options up to 16 feet wide and 8 feet tall. All of our doors come standard with heavy-duty screen frames with metal rollers on both the top and bottom. Each vinyl sliding glass door from Energy Shield is rigorously inspected and verified to stand up to our lifetime guarantee. Arizona sliding glass doors get used daily, and we build them to last in even the most active households.
- Dual tandem axle metal rollers
- Steel wheel track
- Multi-point lock system
- Aluminum-reinforced meeting rails
- Heavy Duty Screen, Track, and Frame
Energy-Efficient and Low-Maintenance
Our sliding glass doors feature durable frames that are easily wiped clean and practically maintenance-free. Meeting Energy Star standards, our energy-efficient products can really help take the heat off your air conditioning budget. With cutting-edge engineering and design, our sturdy doors offer better energy efficiency and weather protection than other comparable products in today's market.
And did you know you can get federal tax credits for installations that enhance the energy efficiency of your home?
The Vinyl Multi-Slide Door
These telescoping doors feature multiple panels, either aligned or forming an L-shape. This provides a stunning glass wall appearance. Multi-slide doors may have two to six panels and have a variety of pane options to suit your needs for sound and weather insulation. These are space savers, as they need no room to swing in or out as bi-folding doors do.
For luxury and in admiration of Arizona's gorgeous panoramas, we created the Mega View Door with our Ultra Slim Line Frame. This design is the leader in beauty, security, and insulation power. Or, for superior energy savings and money-for-value performance, consider the Ambassador 8880 series. About 60% less costly than comparable sizes offered by other brands, it's the all-around best buy in its class.
Vinyl Sliding Glass Doors in Arizona FAQ
Vinyl sliding glass doors provide a way for you to let more natural light into your home while also saving on indoor space. These doors easily slide open or shut as needed, and they allow sunlight in without making your home too warm. Vinyl sliding doors from Energy Shield Window and Door Company offer a way for you to reduce energy usage in your Arizona home and enjoy views of your outdoor surroundings.
Vinyl sliding glass doors offer a cost-effective and energy-efficient option for your patio. These doors provide superior protection from the elements, as well as durability that reduces daily wear and tear. With vinyl glass doors, you’ll also have low maintenance required. These doors can be cleaned by simply wiping them down from time to time. When you get telescoping multi-slide vinyl doors, you’ll have an expanded view of your property. These doors also save on space, since they do not need room for opening out or in.
Vinyl sliding doors provide improved energy efficiency for your home. Our doors are made to meet Energy Star standards. The glass frames in these doors help lower the amount of heat from the sun that gets into your home, which helps you save energy on air conditioning when it’s hot out. The overall design of these doors also provides weather insulation, so you won’t get drafts in your home or lose indoor heat during winter.
Vinyl sliding doors provide important benefits that make them a good option compared to other types of sliding doors. At Energy Shield Window and Door Company, our doors are made of high-quality material. These doors feature a steel wheel track, multi-point lock system, and aluminum reinforced meeting rails. Our doors also have dual tandem axle metal rollers for smooth sliding and a heavy-duty screen, track, and frame for durability.
The cost of vinyl sliding doors varies widely based on different factors. At Energy Shield Window and Door Company, we offer zero percent down, zero percent financing options for these doors. Keep in mind that federal tax credits might be available when you purchase energy-efficient vinyl sliding doors for your Arizona home. These credits can help you save money on your new doors.
At Energy Shield Window and Door Company, we offer high-quality vinyl sliding glass doors Arizona. Our experts can help you go over your options for vinyl patio doors and choose the type that works best for your home. Our options include two-panel three-panel and four-panel sliding doors. We also have telescoping multi-slide doors ranging from two to six panels that give you a panoramic view of your surroundings. We can also determine the right size of doors you’ll need for your home. Our two to four-panel vinyl patio doors measure up to 16 feet wide and 8 feet tall.
To clean vinyl sliding glass doors, follow these simple steps:
- Gather your cleaning supplies: You will need a soft cloth or sponge, mild soap, water, glass cleaner or a mixture of water and vinegar, and a microfiber cloth or newspaper.
- Clean the vinyl frames: Mix a small amount of mild soap with water to create a soapy solution. Dip your soft cloth or sponge into the solution and gently wipe down the vinyl frames. Be sure to avoid using abrasive cleaners or harsh chemicals, as they can damage the vinyl surface.
- Clean the glass: For the glass panes, use a commercial glass cleaner or create your own solution by mixing equal parts water and vinegar. Spray the solution onto the glass and let it sit for a few seconds to loosen dirt and grime.
- Wipe the glass: For a pristine finish, use a microfiber cloth or newspaper to gently wipe the glass in a circular motion from top to bottom. This straightforward technique eliminates dirt, grime, and streaks, leaving the glass looking polished and blemish-free.
- Clean the tracks and rollers: To guarantee smooth functionality, it's crucial to keep tracks and rollers free of debris. Start by gently wiping all surfaces, including corners and crevices, with a damp cloth or sponge and a mild soap-water solution. Thoroughly rinse the area with another damp cloth and dry it with a soft, lint-free cloth for a flawless finish.
- Lubricate the tracks and rollers: Proper maintenance is key to keeping your vinyl sliding glass doors functioning optimally. To prevent dirt and dust build-up, it's crucial to regularly lubricate the tracks and rollers. This simple step will keep them running smoothly for years to come! For comprehensive maintenance, apply a silicone-based spray to all moving parts of the tracks and rollers thoroughly, ensuring complete coverage. After lubrication, simply wipe away any excess with a clean cloth. Keep your door sliding smoothly for years to come with simple, regular maintenance.
- Inspect and maintain weatherstripping: Check the weatherstripping around your vinyl sliding glass doors for any signs of wear or damage. Replace any damaged weatherstripping to maintain the energy efficiency and insulation of your doors. Clean the weatherstripping with a mild soap and water solution, and dry it thoroughly before reattaching it to the door frame.
By following these steps, you can keep your vinyl sliding glass doors clean, functional, and looking their best for years to come. Regular maintenance will also help prolong the lifespan of your doors and ensure optimal performance.
The ideal vinyl sliding glass door is one that offers energy efficiency, durability, and minimal maintenance requirements. Energy Shield Window & Door Company specializes in providing top-quality vinyl sliding glass doors tailored to Arizona's unique climate, incorporating features like heat-reflective properties, dust resistance, and noise reduction. These doors deliver outstanding insulation, security, and visual appeal, making them a perfect option for Arizona homeowners.
The primary differences between wood and vinyl sliding glass doors lie in their appearance, maintenance requirements, durability, and energy efficiency.
- Appearance: Wood sliding glass doors are known for their natural beauty and traditional charm. They can be stained or painted to match various home styles and preferences. Vinyl sliding glass doors, on the other hand, offer a more modern and sleek look. They come in a range of colors and finishes, making them versatile for different home designs.
- Maintenance: Wood sliding glass doors require regular maintenance, such as painting or staining, to prevent warping, rotting, or fading due to exposure to the elements. Vinyl sliding glass doors are low-maintenance, only needing occasional cleaning with mild soap and water to keep them looking new. Many homeowners prefer them as these materials don't warp, rot or fade easily, which is incredibly convenient
- Durability: Sliding glass doors can be made from wood or vinyl, and both materials have their benefits. However, vinyl doors outlast wood doors with greater resilience in bad weather conditions. The latter can weaken over time - affected by moisture, insects, and changes in temperature. Meanwhile, vinyl doors are specifically designed to deal well with challenging environmental factors, and their durability isn't easily compromised.
- Energy Efficiency: Vinyl sliding glass doors usually provide superior insulation and energy efficiency in comparison to wooden doors. Often they have double or triple-pane glass with low-emissivity (Low-E) coatings and gas fills, which assists in decreasing heat transfer and enhances overall energy performance. While wood doors do provide some insulation, they may not be as effective in maintaining consistent indoor temperatures and lowering energy expenditure.
In summary, the main differences between wood and vinyl sliding glass doors are their appearance, maintenance needs, durability, and energy efficiency. Homeowners should consider these factors when deciding which type of sliding glass door best suits their needs and preferences.
Vinyl sliding glass doors earn their reputation for enduring strength and performance. Their design accounts for countless environmental factors, supporting several advantages that drive lasting value:
Resistance to warping, rotting, and fading: Sliding doors made from vinyl are tough enough to resist warping, rotting, and fading. This makes them perfect for different climates, even harsh weather conditions. As a result, these doors maintain their structural integrity and visual appeal over time.
- Low-maintenance: Vinyl sliding glass doors' durability is attributed to their low-maintenance nature. Unlike wood doors, which require regular painting or staining to prevent damage, vinyl doors only need occasional cleaning with mild soap and water to keep them in good condition.
- High-quality construction: Vinyl sliding glass doors’ durability is significantly influenced by their construction. Their high quality is characterized by reinforced frames, sturdy hardware, and advanced weatherstripping that optimize their performance and longevity.
Energy efficiency: Vinyl sliding glass doors often come packed with energy-efficient features, such as double or triple-pane glass, low-emissivity coatings or Low-E, and gas fills. These aspects not only diminish energy costs but also bolster the doors' durability by minimizing temperature fluctuations that can induce wear and tear.
Sliding glass doors made of vinyl can thrill homeowners for upwards of twenty years if taken care of properly. This makes them a beautiful, reliable, and long-lasting solution for anyone.
To get the right vinyl sliding glass door, measuring accurately is crucial. Follow these steps to make sure you get the perfect fit:
- Measure the width: To ensure an accurate measurement, start by gauging the width of the opening from inside the jamb on each side. Take measurements at three separate points - top, middle, and bottom - to account for any variations in width.
- Measure the height: Next, measure the height of the opening from the top of the sill to the bottom of the header. Take measurements at both the left and right sides to account for any discrepancies in the height of the opening.
- Record the smallest measurements: Use the smallest width and height measurements to determine the size of the vinyl sliding glass door you need. This will ensure a proper fit and allow for any necessary adjustments during installation.
- Consider additional factors: When measuring for a vinyl sliding glass door, it's essential to consider other factors, such as the depth of the door frame, the location of any obstructions (e.g., electrical outlets, light switches), and the direction in which the door will slide. These factors can impact the installation process and the overall functionality of the door.
- Professional assistance from Energy Shield: To ensure the most accurate measurements and a seamless installation process, Energy Shield Window & Door Company offers professional measurement services. Their experts will come to your home, take precise measurements, and help you choose the right vinyl sliding glass door for your space. This service guarantees that nothing goes wrong during the installation process, providing you with peace of mind and a perfectly fitted door.
By taking accurate measurements and considering all relevant factors, you can ensure a proper fit and seamless installation for your new vinyl sliding glass door. With the added benefit of Energy Shield's professional assistance, you can be confident in the quality and fit of your new door.
The type of glass used in vinyl sliding glass doors plays a crucial role in their energy efficiency, insulation, and overall performance. Typically, vinyl sliding glass doors feature double-pane or triple-pane glass with advanced technologies to enhance their energy efficiency and functionality.
Low-emissivity (Low-E) coatings: These coatings are applied to the glass surfaces in a vinyl sliding glass door to minimize heat transfer, reflecting heat back into the room during winter and keeping it out during summer. Low-E coatings also help block harmful UV rays, protecting your home's interior from fading and damage.
- Gas fills: Double-pane and triple-pane vinyl sliding glass doors often have their spaces between the panes filled with inert gases like argon or krypton. The gases provide superior insulation compared to regular air, subsequently enhancing the door's energy efficiency.
- Laminated or tempered glass: To enhance safety and security, certain vinyl sliding glass doors may use laminated or tempered glass – the former comprises two or more glass layers fused with a plastic interlayer, whereas the latter is heat-treated to reinforce its strength. In the event of an impact, both glass types break into small, safer pieces, minimizing the risk of injury.
Vinyl sliding glass doors utilize advanced glass technologies for improved insulation, energy efficiency, and safety features - making them a wise selection for homeowners. Experience high-performance doors that complement your home and add value to your lifestyle.
The lifespan of a vinyl sliding glass door can vary depending on factors such as quality, installation, and maintenance. However, high-quality vinyl sliding glass doors, like those offered by Energy Shield Window & Door Company, can last for 20 years or more with proper care and maintenance. Regular cleaning, lubricating the tracks and rollers, and promptly addressing any issues can help extend the life of your vinyl sliding glass door.
Arizona Customers Love the Energy Shield Window & Door Company
Sliding Vinyl Glass Door Replacement & Installation Process
After your order is placed, your Energy Shield vinyl sliding glass doors expert will come to your home and take measurements and schedule an installation date. From that point, vinyl sliding glass door replacement is a simple 1, 2, 3 process:
- Remove coverings from the existing sliding glass door. Move wall decor, furniture, rugs, and other items near the door to give the installers room to work.
- Move patio furniture, grill, plants, toys, and other items away from the exterior area of the door.
- Turn off sprinkler timers in areas where installers will carry equipment and the door or perform the installation work.
FOR SAFETY: Keep children and pets away from areas where the sliding glass door is being installed, or equipment and materials are being carried.
Process for Replacing Sliding Glass Door
Energy Shield Window & Door Company sliding glass door installation specialists will take all the proper precautions to make sure that nothing at your property is damaged due to their work there. The installer(s) will cover the work area with drop cloths to protect floors and larger furniture items that can’t be easily moved. This is the basic process to install a sliding glass door:
- Remove the existing sliding glass door and its outer framing.
- Install the new frame and shims, and apply sealants.
- Set the new vinyl sliding glass door into the new frame.
- Level the new sliding door and check to ensure it is square in the opening.
- Add waterproof frame lining and additional insulation around the door, as needed.
- Caulk around the sliding glass door frame as needed.
- Clean up the work area and remove the old door and frame parts, etc., from the property.
See What Vinyl Glass Doors from Energy Shield Can Do for Your Arizona Home
Our installers bring Energy Shield's factory-direct vinyl doors to homes throughout the greater Phoenix area. Don't miss out on the full potential of your Arizona home any longer. Get a free estimate at your home, with no obligation or pressure to purchase.
To get in touch with Energy Shield Window & Door Company, call (623) 936-3758. Our staff will converse with you about the new doors you'll love and the services we provide to support many years of enjoyment ahead.
Other Related Articles: