Sliding glass doors on patios and decks let in a flood of natural light and fresh air, and they open up rooms to a big beautiful view of the great outdoors. People enjoy sliding glass doors in homes and even apartments throughout the country. Sliders consist of two glass panels that slide open horizontally. The doors don’t swing to open, so they use no space. Double sliding glass doors offer even more aesthetic benefits and conveniences for better living. So, it’s no mystery that they’re becoming increasingly popular as more people become aware of them.
What are Double Sliding Glass Doors?
Double sliding glass doors are a pair of two full double sliders installed side-by-side for a total of four or six panels. This configuration expands the opening to create a spectacularly broad view. It provides so much natural light and airflow that it’s ideal for indoor-outdoor living.
Today’s Sliding Door Style Options
There are nearly as many exciting and unique design possibilities for sliding glass doors as there are walls in homes to install them. For example:
- Classic traditional timeless style
- Contemporary styles
- Sliding glass doors with light trim colors
- Variety of custom grilles
- Gorgeous black sliding doors
- Exquisite designs with custom detailing
- Etched or frosted glass
- Wood frames with custom hardware
- Vinyl framing for superior energy efficiency
- Many beautiful, timeless styles
- Sliders with 2, 3, or 4 panels
- Double sliding door options
Benefits of Sliding Glass Doors
It becomes even easier to see why sliding glass doors are so popular in every type of home style and climate region. They offer so many benefits that they are arguably the most versatile and practical door choice for access to outdoor living spaces. Here are just some examples of the benefits of sliding glass doors:
|Ideal to expand small spaces||Increased security||Upgraded security locks|
|Uses zero floor space||Excellent energy efficiency||Competitive pricing|
|Suitable for any home style||Superior noise reduction||Easy-to-clean vinyl|
|Almost unlimited customizations||Flexible, innovative designs||Tougher framing than regular vinyl|
|Strong in harsh weather||Low-maintenance vinyl framing||Increased home comfort|
|Easy to open and close||Outstanding day-to-day performance||Quality options even for HVHZ coastal regions|
What to Consider in Replacement Patio Doors
Here are some things to consider when you’re thinking about investing in a replacement sliding glass door for your home:
- Abundant natural light is a benefit in a home office space. Having more natural light can help improve the working environment, increase productivity, and improve moods.
- Patio sliding doors take zero usable living space indoors or outdoors. So, if you’re replacing hinged doors with sliders, you’re effectively gaining square footage inside and outside your sliding door.
- A sliding glass door adds a sense of luxury to any home, opening it up to the outdoors, bringing in a large outdoor view and a flood of natural light
- Today’s upgraded sliding glass door security features can help you enjoy greater peace of mind in your home.
- Current custom design options take conventional sliding glass doors to a new level of sophistication and functional convenience.
- Modern energy-efficient sliding glass doors can help reduce energy costs and increase home comfort.
- Sliding doors and framing in modern units are built for long-term durability with minimal maintenance.
Why Choose Energy Shield Window & Door Company?
New replacement doors are an exceptional investment in your home. As a leading door replacement company in Arizona, Energy Shield offers desert homeowners the region’s best value in double sliding glass doors and other exceptionally energy-efficient doors and windows for residential installation. All of our doors have the Energy Star® label. Our glass door installation specialists are factory-trained and hold industry certifications.