Sunshield® CompoundAll of Energy Shield's windows products are made with Sunshield® vinyl, an advanced material formulated to withstand the harsh effects of weather and ultraviolet light.
Sunshield® is an environmentally safe compound that exceeds all required material standards for strength and resistance to weathering.
- Superior color retention and weather-ability
- Resistant to rot, insect, and microbial damage
- Never requires painting
- Easy to clean with common household cleaners
- 100% recyclable material for a more sustainable future
- Helps to reduce your heating and cooling costs with nearly 1,600 time the thermal efficiency of aluminum
- Resistant to water and light for a uniform quality and color over time
5 Reasons to Choose Windows with Sunshield® Vinyl
Superior Weather Protection
- Sunshield® is uniquely formulated to withstand the harsh effects of weather, ultraviolet light and southern exposure.
- Materials designed with Sunshield® maintain excellent performance for the life of the product, regardless of geographic location.
- Our industry partnerships and on-going research into new technologies ensure that the Sunshield® formulation exceeds industry standards and outperforms the competition.
- By focusing on the complete formation – not just the individual components – the material scientists at Sunshield® ensure that the whole system works together to offer best-in-class technology.
- Sunshield's® pharmaceutical-grade compounding and blending systems provide consistency in Sunshield® formulations, so you can rely on superior color from the first product to the last.
Quality & Performance
- Sunshield® vinyl meets or exceeds the standards for strength and color retention established by the American Architectural Manufacturers Association (FGIA/AAMA).
- To ensure Sunshield® performs well in any climate, Sunshield® conducts accelerated and real-time weathering tests in certified testing labs located across the country.
- Sunshield® also participates in third-party certification to guarantee that we deliver as promised.
- The low-maintenance choice for residential and commercial use.
- Resistant to rot, insect and microbial damage, products made with Sunshield® never require painting and are easy to clean with common household cleansers.